Your Financial Future:
Saving & Investing
The complete set of Saving & Investing fact sheets are located in the right hand column of this page. To view fact sheets by topic please click on one of the categories below.
Learn how to invest wisely in bonds, mutual funds, and other investment vehicles.
Learn how to keep track of your money with our budget worksheets, investment calculator, and much more.
Tips on Saving and Investing
Educate yourself about what to look for and what to avoid when saving and investing your money.
Saving for Young People
Saving starts now! Learn how to save for college, how to avoid debt, and about the miracle of compound interest.
Learn about reverse mortgages and other financial decisions you will make as a homeowner.
Understanding credit and how to use credit and debit cards is essential to avoid debt. See how to recognize the risks associated with credit cards in order to use them properly.
Tools to Get You Started
Disability Facts and Resources Guide discusses important information about SSDI and SSI, as well as asset building and strategies to achieve economic security
To save and plan for your financial future, check out WISER's Financial Planning Workbook, which includes worksheets and factsheets to help you take control of your finances.
Please note: WISER publications and fact sheets are available to download and print for personal and individual use only. If you would like multiple copies for distribution, please contact WISER at email@example.com to inquire about publication orders.
For more helpful resources on Saving & Investing, click here.
[back to top]
- Dollar Cost Averaging
- 5 Money Mistakes Women Should Avoid
- 5 Money Mistakes Women in Couples Should Avoid
- Tips for Handling Your Finances in College
- Credit and Debit Cards: What You Need to Know
- Don't Be a Victim: Protect Yourself and Those You Love from Financial Abuse
- 9 Things You Should Know about Reverse Mortgages
- Home Equity Loans: Borrower Beware!
- Disasters and Emergencies: How to Prepare and What to do to Get Back on your Feet
- Investing Early: Download the Worksheets
- Making Investment Choices: Risk & Return
- Asset Allocation: Don't Put All Your Eggs in One Basket
- Reverse Mortgages: Would One Be Right for You?
- Credit and Your Credit Report: What You Need to Know
- Budget Worksheet: Short Version
- Budget Worksheet: Long Version
- I Bonds
- Your Future Paycheck: Money Smarts for Teens
- Keep Track of Your Spending
- 5 Money Traps That Keep You Broke
- 5 Money Myths that Get Smart Women in Trouble
- Predatory Lending
- Credit Card Basics
- Credit Card Debt for College Students
- Debit Cards
- Financial Documents: What to Keep, What to Toss
- "I'm Ready to Save, Now What?" The Basics of Saving and Investing
- Mutual Funds - The Basics
- Senior Credit Card Debt
- Disability Facts and Resources Guide
- The Beginner's Guide to Saving and Investing
- What You Need to Know About the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC)
- Getting a Car: What You Need to Know
- Renting vs. Buying a House
- Student Loans 101
- Financial Tips for Young People
- The Basics About Insurance