Your Financial Future:
Scams And Frauds
- WISER/NAPSA Brief: Elder Financial Abuse
- WISER Fact Sheet: Prevent Medicare Fraud: 10 Do’s and Don’ts
- WISER Special Report: Senior Fraud
- Financial Abuse Prevention Checklist
- WISER's "Too Good To Be True" Checklist
- Protecting Your Income: Tips for Elders
- Predatory Lending
- Don’t Be a Victim: Protect Yourself and Those You Love from Financial Abuse
- CEASE Coalition: The Coalition to End Elder Financial Abuse
Hundreds of thousands of elderly persons are financially exploited each year. Elder financial abuse is devastating not only to the financial health of its victims, but also to their very lives and wellbeing, as it often leads to serious illness and premature death. Find out more at the CEASE Coalition website: www.ceasecoalition.org
New HHS Campaign Against Medicare Frauds and Scams
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is conducting a national media outreach campaign to educate consumers about Medicare fraud. In addition to teaching seniors how to recognize a common scam, the campaign will also recruit volunteers for the Senior Medicare Patrol (SMP), a program administered by AoA designed to engage seniors in fraud prevention. This new program will work to reduce the incidence of fraud by recruiting and training retired professionals and other senior citizens to recognize and report health care billing errors and suspected instances of fraud.
For more information about this campaign please click here.