Your Financial Future:
The complete set of Retirement Plans fact sheets are located in the right hand column of this page. To view fact sheets by topic please click on one of the categories below.
Retirement Plan Basics
These resources will help you to understand the different types of retirement plans and what you should do to make sure you get the most out of your plan.
Women and Retirement
For a variety of reasons, women are often at a greater risk than men when it comes to achieving a secure retirement. It is important to do all you can to educate yourself about your options and what you can do to take charge of your financial future!
Is a reverse mortgage right for you?
Defined Contribution Plans: 401(k)'s
As defined contribution plans make up more and more of the retirement plan options, it is essential to understand them. Educate yourself with these resources.
Retirement Plans for Small Businesses
It is important to know what retirement plan is best for your unique situation. Small business owners and employees have different options and can learn about them here.
Other Ways to Save for Retirement
Read about other ways to save for your nest egg with investments like IRAs and Savings Bonds.
Divorce & Widowhood
Pensions and Divorce
Divorce, a Time for Caution: An Introduction to the 12 Worst Mistakes
Lawyers Make in Preparing Pension Orders
For Veterans and Their Families
Veterans’ Benefits- What They Are and Tips on Getting What You Deserve
Pension Benefit Programs for Veterans and Their Survivors
WISER is proud to be a Resource Partner for the Joining Forces for Women Veterans and Military Spouses Mentoring Plus® program. This program is dedicated to helping women veterans and military spouses connect with working women mentors and subject matter experts to receive support and guidance on career development and financial management. For more information and to find out how you can help, please visit http://www.womenjoiningforces.org/.
For more helpful resources on Retirement Plans, click here.
- Spousal Protections in Pensions and Other Retirement Plans
- Single Older Hispanic Women and Poverty
- Single Older African American Women and Poverty
- Spousal IRAs for Non-Earning Spouses
- Who Receives Retirement Income?
- Older Women and Poverty: A Not So Rosy Picture
- Spousal IRAs
- Making Up for Lost Time: Delaying Retirement
- Roth IRAs
- Federal Saver's Tax Credit
- 5 Things Mothers Should Tell Daughters About Money and Retirement
- The Working Woman's Retirement Plan Checklist
- 10 Ways Baby Boom Women (and Men) can SAVE Themselves from Retirement Poverty
- Make the Right Choices for Your Retirement
- Retirement Income Checklist
- Government Pension Offset & Windfall Elimination Provision
- Traditional Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs)
- Stocks, Bonds and Money Market Investments
- Retirement Basics
- Pension Integration
- Retirement Plans for Small Businesses
- Types of Retirement Plans
- Lump Sum Pension Payment
- Women & Pensions: What You Need to Know
- Private Pensions and Their Importance
- Why You and Your Spouse Need to Know About Survivor's Benefits
- WISER Pension Checklist
- Making Your Money Last Through Retirement- Immediate Annuities
- Veterans Benefits- What They Are and Tips on Getting What You Deserve
- Pension Benefit Programs for Veterans and Their Survivors
- U.S. Savings Bonds
- Financial Planners
- "Callable CDs:" Read the Small Print