Honorees 2011

Nell Hennessy
In Celebration of Her Lifelong Commitment to Women's Financial Security. 

Nell Hennessy was the Chief Executive Officer of Fiduciary Counselors. She was widely respected nationally and internationally for her professional career and known for many accomplishments. She was a recognized leader in the employee benefits arena; often referred to as an "ERISA rock star." Nell joined the WISER Board in 1998 after serving as the Deputy Executive Director and Chief Negotiator at the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (PBGC). She was a dedicated public servant but most of all, Nell was a generous mentor, a tireless champion of employee benefits, an advocate for women and a wonderful friend to many.

 

Judy Schub
In Celebration Her Lifelong Advocacy of Women's Equity in Retirement.

Judy Schub was a long-time Advisory Council member and friend of WISER. Judy served as Managing Director of the Committee on Investment of Employee Benefit Assets (CIEBA). Prior to her work with CIEBA she was Assistant Executive Director for Legislative Affairs at the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation, and Senior Coordinator, Federal Affairs Economic Team at AARP, and Public Policy Director at Business and Professional Women. Judy was a great supporter of women's issues and a tireless fighter for women's equity in retirement. Judy's work was instrumental in the passage of the Retirement Equity Act in 1984. 

 

Congresswoman Shelley Moore Capito
West Virginia

Representative Shelley Moore Capito represents the people of West Virginia's Second Congressional District in the 112th Congress, where she has been an advocate for a range of policies that directly impact her constituents. Representative Capito has worked in support of financial literacy as a member of the House Financial Services Committee, and as Chairman of the Subcommittee on Financial Institutions and Consumer Credit. She has been a friend and advocate for moderate and low income
women in West Virginia and worked with WISER to help insure that all women have a financially secure future. 

 

Senator Michael Enzi
Wyoming

Senator Michael Enzi has made a name on Capitol Hill for his unique way of breaking down party lines and working across the aisle. Since 2005, under his 80 percent rule he has had 39 bills go through the Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee and be signed into law by the President. Senator Enzi believes that people can agree on 80 percent of the issues 80 percent of the time and if they leave the other 20 percent out they can get a lot done. As Chairman of the Senate Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions Committee, he worked to oversee the landmark Pension Protection Act of 2006 and other retirement laws. We are grateful to Senator Enzi for recognizing the unique challenges faced by American women to secure retirement income. 

 

Congressman Richard Neal
Massachusetts

Representative Richard E. Neal was first elected to the United States House of Representatives in 1988. He represents the Second District of Massachusetts, which includes cities and towns in western and central Massachusetts. He is a member of the powerful Ways and Means Committee and the Ranking Member of the Subcommittee on Select Revenue Measures. Rep. Neal believes that the Social Security and Medicare programs are extraordinary American success stories and are two of the most successful legislative accomplishments in history. He has worked for women's right to a fair and secure financial future under these two important programs. 

 

Senator Debbie Stabenow
Michigan

Senator Debbie Stabenow was elected to the United States Senate in 2000, where she is respected for her ability to build coalitions to protect families and children, and to get things done for Michigan and our nation. As a member of the Senate Finance and Budget Committees, she has a powerful and unique role to play in shaping our nation's policies. Senator Stabenow understands the role women play in our workforce. She was a leader in the passage of the Lily Ledbetter Fair Pay Act and understands the role that fair pay plays in protecting women's retirement security. Sen. Stabenow is a strong advocate for working women, small business, and for seniors and caregivers. 

 

Related Resources

« Home

Subscribe to our Newsletter: